If you have problem viewing ads, please refresh browser or the best view to be shown in IE8 or Google Chrome, thanks :)
MouseHunt info has been changed to http://hotandspicylife.blogspot.com. Sorry for inconvenience caused.

Ipoh Current Weather

Click for Ipoh, Malaysia Forecast

Tuesday 14 September 2010

Hari Raya celebration-Lemang

On the 1st day of Hari Raya Aidilfitri (10th September 2010), I went to my friend's house at Manjoi which is about 3-4km from my house. Actually, she was not at her mum's house. After I made a call to her, she said went to her father in-law house and asked me to come back again but denied because appointment with my old friend whom we never met for 19 years later. After I hanged up the call, I decided to buy something at the roadside which sell 'lemang'.

Lemang is a traditional Indonesian food that originated from the Iban people of Borneo. Lemang is made of glutinous rice and coconut milk and cooked in a hollowed bamboo stick lined with banana leaves in order to prevent the rice from sticking to the bamboo. Lemang is usually eaten with meat dishes such as curry chicken, curry beef, etc.


Lemang is also popular in Indonesian Malay and Iban communities, usually prepared by using the tapai method. Lemang can now be found throughout Indonesia due to the spread of Minangkabau people throughout the country.
Lemang is ubiquitous amongst Malay communities and commonly eaten to mark the end of daily fasting during the annual Muslim Malaysian holidays of Hari Raya Aidilfitri and Hari Raya Haji.
Opening half of bamboo stick inside lemangLemang wrapped with banana leaves Lemang cuttingMy favorite dish - chili tuna
After enjoying eating lemang, I had cold beer from the fridge.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Huh? Malay can drink beer?? O.o

Nigel said...

Where got Malay drink beer? I drank myself le :p

Cutt Haertika said...

makanan Apa itu lemang?

Nigel said...

cili tuna